Update: As of September 1, 2015 Mish Mash Labs has concluded. Please check back for upcoming programs.
- What: Mish Mash Labs @ NTEC – a video game development program
- When: every Saturday and Sunday from 10 AM until 6 PM starting April 25
- Who: the program is open to developers 16 and up of all skill levels
- Why: video game development skills are in-demand, and Frisco is quickly becoming the video game capital of Texas!
- What to Bring: your computer and your enthusiasm
- How Much: the first two weeks are free, after which there will be a nominal fee ($30 per month)
Kicking Off With A Jam
A group of about 20 Dallas-area game developers hunkered down at the North Texas Enterprise Center in Frisco over a recent weekend for a game jam marking the launch of NTEC’s new game development program.
The two-day game jam saw individuals and teams working to design and build the best game possible in a span of only 16 hours; and while the entrants that produced the best game stood to win a valuable prize, it was clear that the event was about a shared passion, collaboration and learning from each other more than it was about competition – and that’s just the environment that NTEC and program partner Mish Mash Machine hope to foster with Mish Mash Labs (MML) @ NTEC.
Game Dev Co-op
“The big differences between a game jam like this one and Mish Mash Labs are time, supporting services and outcome,” explained Mario Latham, Mish Mash Machine co-founder and CEO. “Game jams are sprints against an insane timeline. They’re a lot of fun, but the games that come out of them are usually abandoned after the event. Mish Mash Labs was conceived as a game development co-op, basically an extended game jam with the goal of publishing and marketing a commercial release.”
Mish Mash Labs participants will spend weekends working together with other video game development enthusiasts to design and develop professional-quality video games while the MML@NTEC team provides project management, quality assurance, distribution, marketing and publishing support – an approach that will allow developers to focus entirely on building great games.
MML@NTEC participants will have access to:
- project management, quality assurance, distribution, marketing, and publishing support from the MML team
- the latest development kits from top software and hardware firms
- art design, level editing and project management workshops
- guest speakers
- opportunities to showcase their work and secure seed funding
- a generous profit sharing plan if you opt to publish with Mish Mash Machine
Sign up for MML@NTEC below, or if you have any questions, feel free to contact us.